A brawl between two truck drivers, one fatality, two multi-car collisions, a car fire, and series of fender benders slowed morning traffic for commuters on different freeways in Eastern Massachusetts.
Massachusetts State Police say that two tractor-trailer drivers were reportedly involved in a physical altercation on the side of the road on Route 295 S at the 1B exit in North Attleboro. The fight reportedly occurred after a car fire on Route 95 caused traffic to stall. By the time police arrived at the scene, however, the fight was already over.
On 495N in Andover, one person died in a three-motor vehicle collision. State police are also reporting a series of minor collisions on Route 95 in North Attleboro, Mansfield, and Foxboro. More motor vehicle crashes also occurred in Chelmsford on Route 93, while a tractor-trailer rollover slowed traffic on Route 97 in Georgetown. Another three-car collision occurred on the Masspike eastbound in Framingham.
If you were injured or sustained serious property damage in a motor vehicle collision anywhere in Massachusetts, you should speak with a Massachusetts personal injury attorney immediately.
Steps To Take If You Are In A Motor Vehicle Crash In Massachusetts:
• Stop your vehicle.
• Pull off to the side of the road.
• Notify police of the accident so that they can arrive at the scene and file a report.
• If you are injured, allow medics to assist you at the scene.
• Get the contact and driver’s information of the other drivers involved in the crash.
• Get the contact information of any witnesses.
• Write down as many details as you can about the accident.
• Contact your insurance company right away.
• If you sustained serious injury or property damage, contact a Massachusetts personal injury attorney.
You have three years from the time of the accident to file a car accident lawsuit in Massachusetts.
Breakdown brawl, crashes stall Monday morning commute, Boston Herald, January 28, 2008
Related Web Resources:
Limitations of Personal Actions, General Laws of Massachusetts
Motor Vehicle Accident Statistics
In motor vehicle accidents involving more than one vehicle, it can sometimes be difficult to determine on your own who was responsible for causing the accident. One of our experienced Boston, Massachusetts motor vehicle crash lawyers can investigate your accident and identify the liable party. We represent personal injury clients in the Greater Boston area and in the other cities of Massachusetts. To schedule your free case evaluation, contact the Boston, Massachusetts car accident law firm of Altman & Altman LLP today.